Single Tooth Dental Implants: Secret to a Flawless Smile
～ Don’t let the gaps in your teeth leave gaps in your confidence. Get our single tooth dental implants for a flawless set of pearly whites ～
When a tooth is dead and it’s time to say your goodbye, you can fill that place in your heart and jaw with a dental implant. We understand the significance of a healthy, complete set of teeth in complementing your smile and the joy behind. If you have lost a tooth to injury, decay, or other dental issues, our single tooth dental implants will provide the ideal solution to restore your smile and oral health.
What are single tooth dental implants ?
Single tooth dental implants are state-of-the-art restorative procedures designed to replace a missing tooth with a natural-looking and functional artificial tooth. The process involves implanting a biocompatible titanium post into the jawbone, which acts as a sturdy anchor for the custom-made dental crown. This results in a seamless and long-lasting replacement for your missing tooth.
To qualify for dental implants, you may have to fulfil the following conditions
- Have health teeth and gum
- Have good oral hygiene habits
- Regularly visit the dentist for scheduled appointment
Note that if your bone or jaw structure is not adequate for an implant, we may have to perform a bone grafting procedure,which is a surgical procedure that adds bone to the jaw to create a sturdier foundation for dental implants.
Single tooth dental implant cost
When it comes to a single tooth dental implant, the cost can vary based on factors such as the location of the missing tooth and the need for additional procedures like bone grafting. In the Sydney area in Australia, the cost of a single tooth dental implant can go up to AUD $5,500 on average.
We encourage you to schedule a consultation with our experienced team to receive a personalised quote and discuss payment options.
Procedure of single tooth implant
The single tooth replacement procedure, which involves implanting a false tooth in the place of the old one, typically takes several steps.
- First, you will have to undergo an initial consultation, whereby our dentists will assess your eligibility.
- If everything is ideal, your dentist will surgically place a titanium implant fixture into the jawbone. This implant serves as the root for the new tooth.
- Then, over a few months, the implant will fuse with the bone, which is called osseointegration.
- After the implant is fully in place, a screw-like abutment will be attached to connect the custom-made dental crown.
- The crown, designed to match your natural teeth, will be then secured onto the abutment.
Note that, in case of implants, regular check-ups and good oral hygiene are absolutely essential for maintaining the longevity of the single tooth replacement.
Types of single tooth implants
There are, primarily, two types of single implants for teeth:
The choice between these types of single tooth implants depends on factors such as bone quality, quantity, and the individual’s specific dental needs. Our experienced team will assess your unique dental needs and recommend the most suitable implant type for your case during your consultation.
Benefits of single dental implants
If left without treatment, a decayed or impacted tooth or a hollow gum can lead to several dental maladies such as an abscess, gum disease and even cancer. Apart from its health benefits, single tooth replacement through dental implants has numerous advantages:
- Natural Appearance: They blend seamlessly with your existing teeth.
- Improved Functionality: You can eat and speak with confidence.
- Preservation of Bone Health: Implants stimulate the jawbone, preventing bone loss.
- Durability: Tooth replacement implants are designed to last for many years with proper care.
- Enhanced Self-Esteem: A complete smile can boost your self-confidence.
Why choose Supercare Dental & Cosmetics for a single tooth implant?
A single tooth implant can be a significant investment that involves thousands of dollars, multiple hours, and many visits to the dentists. Therefore, you need a reliable bunch of dentists who are here to ease the process for you, providing you with the comfort and information you need.
Trust us at Supercare Dental & Cosmetics to restore your smile and oral health with single tooth dental implants. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward a complete and confident smile.
Single Tooth Dental Implants FAQs
A single dental implant is a restorative dental procedure where a single missing tooth is replaced with an artificial tooth anchored to a surgically placed implant in the jawbone. It provides a natural-looking and functional solution for a missing tooth.
- During the implant surgery, local anaesthesia is used to numb the area, so you shouldn’t feel pain. After the procedure, some discomfort and swelling are common, but it can be managed with pain medications. Overall, while there may be some discomfort, the pain associated with single tooth implants is usually manageable and temporary.
A well-maintained single tooth implant can last a lifetime. Proper oral hygiene, regular dental check-ups, and avoiding habits like smoking contribute to its longevity. However, individual factors and maintenance play a significant role in determining how long a dental implant lasts.
Dental implants are suitable for many individuals, but not everyone. Factors like overall health, sufficient bone density, and oral hygiene play a crucial role in determining candidacy. It’s essential to consult with a dentist or oral surgeon for a personalised assessment to determine if dental implants are a viable option for you.
Dental insurance coverage for implants varies widely. Some plans may provide partial coverage for specific situations, while others may not cover implants at all. It’s important to check your insurance policy details and discuss coverage options with your provider. In many cases, dental implants are considered elective procedures and may not be fully covered.
To care for your dental implants, maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly, and attend regular dental check-ups. Avoid tobacco, be mindful of hard foods, and promptly report any issues to your dentist to ensure their long-term success and health.
Recovery time for dental implants varies but typically spans a few days to a few weeks. After the surgical placement, it’s common to experience some discomfort and swelling, but most people can resume normal activities within a few days. Full integration with the jawbone takes several months.